BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The I want! take-out guest

The I want Guest.

I was at work one day going along setting up my section polishing stemware , carpet sweeping, lining up my chairs dreaming I was somwhere else. A going threw the motions kinda day. I'm at work but not really.
A guest walked in before we were open to the hostess stand.
I acknowledged and walked over considering all the hostess's are out back and unavailable we open right on cue and not a minute before.
Yes sir How may I help you? I explained we were not opening for a few minutes and he could look over our menu.
He looked at me and told me he was ready for me to take his order. I said sure I would be happy to do that for you scrambling at the hostess desk.

Yes sir what can I get you? His words were I want! as I waited for something to come out some entrees all he said was I want! sir do you need more time? nah nah I'm ready to order five minutes passed by now my co-workers were coming to the front of the Restaurant and looking at me quite strangely.
The game was make me wait all quests play it at one time purposely make you stand at there attention.
He finally said slowly after about ten minutes I want a medium supreme pizza but I don't want onions yes sir and I don't want green peppers okay sir and I don't want sausage or pepperoni? so I paused politely and said so sir you would like a medium mushroom pizza?
yeah yeah I want.
By now the whole crew had watched me go threw this ordeal everyone I worked with was watching this with amazement as to why a person would put another person threw this and my answer is because they can.
I gave the order to the cooks they rolled there eyes and not sure what they did after that. I do not cook it or deliver it.
I have checked my co-workers heads for 666 on some heads I found one 6 and on some other heads I found a double 66 and their are those that always have horns on there head ready to rumble.

This is a Restaurant Golden rule never give people in Hospitality a hard time for no reason. Moral issues what moral issues? I have worked all over in this business the rules are the same in Hotels, Resorts, Coffee shops, Cocktail serving, Yuppies,Buffets, Diner shows and Fine dinning. I have seen it all and have worked in them all!
One game always leads to another game in this business. I will never understand why people go out of there way to give another human being a hard time for no reason at all and enjoy it!
A perfect stranger.


Your truly
Waitstress

0 comments: